Monday, March 24, 2014

Seamus vs Ramos - oh my 3-22-14

Mini-battlereport!

This past Saturday, I went up against Ramos. It was technically my second game vs him, but in the first game we didn't have time to finish, so it's difficult to count that one.

We played a 50ss game.
Turf War = Strategy
I chose: Distract and Line in the sand
My opponent chose: Murder protege (target Izamu) and Protect Territory.

First the disclaimer, it turns out after the game, my opponent misread the card, and was summoning more spiders than she was allowed (only once per turn can you summon). So there is a slight chance that I could have had a better scoring game. Also, on one or two occasions, she moved the spiders over a "climbable" wall thinking that the spiders ignored it, but later we both learned that spiders only ignore "severe" terrain. So with those couple mistakes, I ended up losing 10-0.

Basically, Ramos started the game first and moved his crew into position, gaining control of the center of the table quickly (not good for Turf war).

Then starting turn 2, I knew I was in deep trouble. Ramos had already summoned a handful of spiders, and started moving them in to engage several of my models. My opponent also targeted Izamu on turn two and nearly killed him with Howard Langston. She also tore through my cheat deck and SS by using decapitate... which now I'm reading that, and either she had two lucky flips, or was incorrectly using an SS's - which an Enforcer can not.

It was an incredibly long game (approx. 3-3.5 hours), and I have to admit that by turn 4, I had pretty much given up on winning, and was not cheating when I could have in order to end the game sooner.

The only highlight for me, was that Seamus on turn 2 failed miserably at hitting Howard Langston (both times with the upgrade), but then at the beginning of turn 3, he hit once, then pulled the Red Joker for the damage flip. That felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment